Check out these recommended books.
Permanent link to this article: http://www.retirementsingularity.com/resources/
Subscribe to Blog
Check Out RS On Facebook!
- One Small Experiment in Learning and Memory, One Giant Leap for Mankind December 20, 2014Benjamin Storm, a psychologist at the University of California, Santa Cruz , recently ran an interesting experiment in memory and technology. Storm took twenty college students and gave them a... read moreSteven Kotler
- This Week’s Awesome Stories from Around the Web (Through Dec 20) December 19, 2014As this is the last curation post of the year, I want to extend our team’s thanks and appreciation to readers of Singularity Hub. Your support has allowed us to continue... read moreDavid J. Hill
- Future of Work: What Skills Will Help Us Keep Pace? December 18, 2014From Elon Musk’s tweet that artificial intelligence may be more dangerous than nuclear weapons to the growing clamor of voices warning robots will take away our jobs, it is clear... read moreDarlene Damm
- How Technology Brought Us Closer to the Future in 2014 December 17, 2014As the year draws to a close, it’s worth glancing over our shoulder. What technologies and themes were brightest in 2014? Read on. (And keep in mind, attempting such a summation is ambitious... read moreJason Dorrier
- Mobile, the Metatrend of the Decade December 16, 2014Four billion people are buying new smartphones every two years, massively outpacing the PC industry (where we buy 1.6 billion PCs every five years). Our desire for the most powerful,... read morePeter Diamandis
- HP | The Machine: the Future of Computing December 11, 2014The world is facing a data explosion. Soon, we’re going to hit a technology inflection point where we can’t effectively store, process, and secure all the information coming at us. By 2020, 30 billion connected devices will generate unprecedented amounts of data. The infrastructure required to collect, process, store, and analyze this data requires transformational […]
- Deep Learning RNNaissance with Dr. Juergen Schmidhuber December 11, 2014Machine learning and pattern recognition are currently being revolutionised by “Deep Learning” (DL) Neural Networks (NNs). This is of commercial interest (for example, Google spent over 400m on start-up “deepmind” co-founded by our student). I summarise work on DL since the 1960s, and our own work since 1991. Our recurrent NNs (RNNs) were the first […]
- ** films ** Roco Films | Life 2.0 virtual world, new reality November 20, 2014Life 2.0 full film: Life 2.0 film trailer: Life 2.0 | This feature length documentary follows a group of people whose lives are dramatically transformed by a virtual world — reshaping relationships, identities, and ultimately the very notion of reality. Roco Films | Every day, across all corners of the globe, millions of users log […]
- ** comedy ** Old Spice | 4th and Touchdown October 27, 2014Old Spice — 4th and Touchdown | Drew Brees, Jamaal Charles, AJ Green, Earl Thomas, and robot walked into a talk show. It’s called 4th and Touchdown. Old Spice — 4th and Touchdown | Jamaal Charles: Watching this video of a robot interviewing a running back interview will not only turn you into the smartest […]
- ** comedy ** Old Spice | Smell Like a Man from Head to Toes October 27, 2014Old Spice — Smell Like a Man from Head to Toes | Stairs: Wash away embarrassing computer chip odors from your shameful plastic and metal body with Old Spice body wash and deodorant. Old Spice — Smell Like a Man from Head to Toes | Hot Tub: I’m not a real human man, but you’d […]