Check out these recommended books.
Permanent link to this article: http://www.retirementsingularity.com/resources/
Subscribe to Blog
Check Out RS On Facebook!
- Why we should all be thrilled about the FDA starting to embrace innovation March 3, 2015On Feb. 19, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration took a huge step towards patient-centric medicine when it approved the marketing of genetics testing company 23andMe’s carrier test for Bloom... read moreVivek Wadhwa
- Disrupting Yourself March 2, 2015If you aren't disrupting yourself, someone else is. In this post, I want to teach you about a powerful tool you can use to disrupt yourself. Your survival as a company and... read morePeter Diamandis
- Sci-Fi Sunday: Deep Space Is a Weird and Lonely Place for Humans and AI Alike March 1, 2015The desolate reaches of deep space figure heavily in today’s sci-fi short film double feature. Space, as it turns out, is really big and empty. Until we get warp drive... read moreJason Dorrier
- What We’re Reading This Week Across the Web (Through Feb 28) February 28, 2015Enjoy this week's stories! ROBOTS: Will Robots Be Able to Help Us Die? Graham Templeton | Motherboard "From robo-assisted suicide to commercial drone use in urban areas, robots will create new... read moreDavid J. Hill
- When Are New Technologies Ready For Business Development? February 26, 2015Exponentially advancing technologies (networks and sensors, infinite computing, artificial intelligence, robotics, synthetic biology, 3D printing, etc.) are producing disruptive growth and have begun transforming our world. However, the “expert only”... read moreSteven Kotler
- Sony Pictures | CHAPPIE — Hugh Jackman Sci-Fi Movie January 14, 2015Every child comes into the world full of promise, and none more so than Chappie: he is gifted, special, a prodigy. Like any child, Chappie will come under the influence of his surroundings – some good, some bad – and he will rely on his heart and soul to find his way in the world […]
- Voxel8: The World’s First 3D Electronics Printer January 8, 2015Voxel8 has created the world’s first 3D electronics printer from the ground-up. Novel conductive materials and 3D printing technology from the Lewis Research Group at Harvard University. New software crafted for the Voxel8 printer called Project Wire by Autodesk. The Voxel8 printer truly allows you to combine electronics with novel mechanical forms. Visit voxel8.co for […]
- HP | The Machine: the Future of Computing December 11, 2014The world is facing a data explosion. Soon, we’re going to hit a technology inflection point where we can’t effectively store, process, and secure all the information coming at us. By 2020, 30 billion connected devices will generate unprecedented amounts of data. The infrastructure required to collect, process, store, and analyze this data requires transformational […]
- Deep Learning RNNaissance with Juergen Schmidhuber, PhD December 11, 2014Juergen Schmidhuber, PhD | Machine learning and pattern recognition are currently being revolutionised by “deep learning” (DL) Neural Networks (NNs). This is of commercial interest (for example, Google spent over 400m on start-up Deep Mind,co-founded by our student). I summarise work on DL since the 1960s, and our own work since 1991. Our recurrent NNs […]
- ** films ** Roco Films | Life 2.0 virtual world, new reality November 20, 2014Life 2.0 full film: Life 2.0 film trailer: Life 2.0 | This feature length documentary follows a group of people whose lives are dramatically transformed by a virtual world — reshaping relationships, identities, and ultimately the very notion of reality. Roco Films | Every day, across all corners of the globe, millions of users log […]