Check out these recommended books.
Permanent link to this article: http://www.retirementsingularity.com/resources/
Subscribe to Blog
Check Out RS On Facebook!
- Strange Bacteria Dine on Electricity and Link Up to Form Biowires July 28, 2014All living organisms need energy. Most animals get their energy by eating other organisms. Plants manufacture energy from sunlight. Now, scientists are finding a strange form of bacterial life that dines on unadulterated electricity. But the fact the bacteria live on electricity isn’t the weird part. We all fundamentally live on […]Jason Dorrier
- The End of the Universe: A Search Between Rising Disorder and Complexity July 27, 2014In a new book, The Beginning and the End: The Meaning of Life in Cosmological Perspective, by philosopher Clement Vidal (@clemvidal), the two main trends of the universe – the trends of rising disorder and complexity – are explored. As a result, his investigation takes us to the most extreme conditions […]Cadell Last
- Software Bot Produces Up To 10,000 Wikipedia Entries Per Day July 26, 2014While Internet trolls and members of Congress wage war over edits on Wikipedia, Swedish university administrator Sverker Johansson has spent the last seven years becoming the most prolific author…by a long shot. In fact, he’s responsible for over 2.7 million articles or 8.5% of all the articles in the collection, according to The Wall Street […]Arlington Hewes
- Just Reread a Sentence Ten Times? Gaze Tracking Software Tells You, Highlights What You Missed July 25, 2014How much does your mind wander when it’s supposed to be focused on an important task? You probably don’t need a scientific study to tell you the answer. But just in case, it’s a lot—some 20 to 40 percent of the time. Fear not. Researchers are working on a program […]Jason Dorrier
- Is Tech Unemployment Good or Bad? July 24, 2014Recently, in conversation with Vinod Khosla, Larry Page was asked what he thinks will happen to jobs in the future as technology begins to replace humans. His response was essentially, “everybody will work fewer hours.” Similarly, Richard Branson suggested that in the future, companies might choose to hire two part-time […]Peter Diamandis
- CNN | Unprecendented Ebola virus outbreak July 16, 2014CNN | CNN’s Christiane Amanpour speaks with Peter Piot, MD, PhD about an out of control Ebola epidemic in West Africa. relate reading: Wikipedia | Peter Piot, MD, PhD Wikipedia | Ebola virus related reading: Visual Science | 3D model of Ebola virus image | high resolution version of 3D model of Ebola virus
- ** NEW VIDEO ** Comedy Central The Colbert Report | segments on robots, science and human progress June 16, 2014Hilarious collection of segments on robots, genetics, physics and the future from Comedy Central’s The Colbert Report, updated regularly. Comedy Central The Colbert Report | The enemy within: Bina the activist android. Sirius Satellite Radio founder Martine Rothblatt invents a black lesbian robot with a radical agenda. Aired June 10, 2014. Comedy Central The
- ** short films collection ** Patrick Kalyn | Mech: Human Trials June 13, 2014Patrick Kalyn | Mech: Human Trials short film. After a serious accident, a man is introduced to a designer street drug promising to restore his ravaged body. Desperate to mend himself, he becomes consumed by the drug, only to discover it is threatening his humanity. The film is a take on the emergence of nantotechnology […]
- ** short films collection ** Triton Films | Somnolence June 13, 2014Triton Films | By 2031, Earth has exhausted its supply of fossil fuels. With the world on the verge of collapse, nations from around the globe form a coalition called AREN: the Manhattan Project of clean, self-replenishing energy. When an experiment goes wrong that threatens the world’s existence, David Canterra and a team of elite […]
- ** short films collection ** Triton Films | Hybrids June 13, 2014Triton Films | A soldier seeks revenge after losing her daughter at the hands of an alien infestation. In the wake of an alien infestation, an ex-special forces soldier’s daughter is killed in an alien attack. Seeking revenge, she leads a team deep into alien territory to a quarantined lab. Soon, she discovers the aliens […]