Check out these recommended books.
Permanent link to this article: http://www.retirementsingularity.com/resources/
Subscribe to Blog
Check Out RS On Facebook!
- Travel to a Black Hole’s Edge and a Far Future Where Humans Are Just the Same October 25, 2014No invention was born outside the mind of man. So, every once in awhile, it’s worth mining a few sci-fi visions for the dark, twisted, unexpected, hopeful, or inspiring. Astrophysicist Kip Thorne—whose book on black holes sits on my shelf—recently teamed up with director Christopher Nolan of Dark Knight fame […]Jason Dorrier
- This Week’s Awesome Stories from Around the Web (Through Oct 25) October 24, 2014Sometimes, we need to take a look at technologies, their trends, and their consequences from alternative points of view. This week, a slew of stories popped up around the web showing just how much things are changing but in unexpected ways. Settle in and read how the future is unfolding. Enjoy this week’s stories! ARTIFICIAL LIFE: Binary […]David J. Hill
- Transparent Graphene-Based Implants to Grant Clearer View of the Brain October 23, 2014A new implantable brain chip developed by the University of Madison-Wisconsin may help advance our understanding of the human brain. The chip is flexible, transparent, biocompatible—and uses a graphene sensor array just four atoms thick. To understand a system, we have to observe it, and so far, observing the living brain has proven […]Arlington Hewes
- Desktop Machine Carves Metal and Wood Like Butter October 22, 2014How many desktop 3D printers have we seen on Kickstarter in recent years? Too many to count. But 3D printing is only half of the digital manufacturing promise. Where 3D printing is additive—CNC machines, guided by digital designs, subtract material. Give a CNC machine a digital file, and it’ll painstakingly […]Jason Dorrier
- Next-Gen Diagnostics, Nanotechnology, and Bioengineering Begin Taking the Fight to Cancer October 21, 2014According to the World Health Organization (WHO), cancer claimed 8.2 million lives worldwide in 2012. Perhaps no other disease highlights the need for improved diagnostic and treatment options better than cancer—which is why it’s good news there continue to be promising developments in the lab. Here are a few early […]Jason Dorrier
- Paragon Space Development Corporation | Google’s Alan Eustace breaks world record for near space jump October 25, 2014Arizona Daily Star | Alan Eustace, PhD, a Senior Vice President at Google, breaks the world record for high altitude jumps on October 24, 2014. Eustace made history with a near space dive from a high altitude balloon at approximately 135,000 feet. Eustace broke several records, including national record for highest exit altitude; world and […]
- Wired | Ray Kurzweil & Steve Aoki talk technology, the future & humanity: Neon Future sessions October 12, 2014Wired | Steve Aoki talks with famed futurist Ray Kurzweil about how technology will shape our future, in terms of creativity, consciousness, and the coming singularity. related viewing from Steve Aoki: Steve Aoki | Extended edit. Steve Aoki talks with famed futurist Ray Kurzweil about how technology will shape our future, in terms of creativity, […]
- Reuters | New KNFB smartphone app gives sight to the blind September 22, 2014National Federation of the Blind | Snap pictures, listen to printed text read aloud, store and share documents and more using the KNFB Reader iPhone app. The KNFB Reader app for iPhone is available in the Apple iTunes app store. related reading: KNFB Reader | main Apple iTunes | KNFB Reader AppleVis | “KNFB Reader Mobile […]
- Defense Distributed | Controversial weapons firm posts mysterious video October Surprise September 22, 2014Defense Distributed, the controversial research and development firm that has publicly released files for 3D printed guns, just posted a mysterious video showing what appears to be World War II bombers in flight. They stated, “Respectfully requesting your attendance for an October Surprise. September 30, 2014.” “October surprise” traditionally refers to a news event deliberately […]
- NBC | Amazon acquires video game streaming service Twitch August 26, 2014NBC | Amazon’s itch for Twitch. Ethan Kurzweil, Bessemer Venture Partners, provides insight on Amazon’s $970 million acquisition of video game streaming company Twitch. IGN | Amazon will acquire video game streaming service Twitch for approximately $970 million dollars. related reading: Twitch | main About Us Twitch is the world’s leading video platform and community […]