Check out these recommended books.
Permanent link to this article: http://www.retirementsingularity.com/resources/
Subscribe to Blog
Check Out RS On Facebook!
- Lt. Gov. Gavin Newsom on Future of Work: We’ve Got To Out-Educate If We’re Going to Out-Compete March 27, 2015"How can we reconcile these sort of concerns that we all have around how quickly things are changing?" So asked California's Lieutenant Governor, Gavin Newsom, in a recent interview at Singularity... read moreDavid J. Hill
- Putting America Gainfully Back to Work March 26, 2015Years ago, my brother, Matt, explained to me that there are three ways to push out the productivity curve: technology, capital, or people. When we increase productivity, we increase wealth.... read moreNick Ellis
- On-Demand Employment: How Today’s Workers Are Choosing Journeys Over Jobs March 25, 2015The American industrialist Henry Ford, regarding diminishing customer surveys on early cars, once famously quipped, “If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses.” What’s... read moreKaroli Hindriks
- Apple isn’t just satisfied reinventing health care, it’s targeting clinical trials as well March 24, 2015When Apple announced, last year, that it was developing a watch that had the functions of a medical device, it became clear that the company was eyeing the $3 trillion... read moreVivek Wadhwa
- Technology Doesn’t Just Erase Jobs—It Creates Them Too March 24, 2015Worries about the future often share a critical flaw. They sometimes assume nothing changes, or that change happens more slowly than it does—when instead, awareness of a problem drives people... read moreDarlene Damm
- Sony Pictures | CHAPPIE — Hugh Jackman Sci-Fi Movie January 14, 2015Every child comes into the world full of promise, and none more so than Chappie: he is gifted, special, a prodigy. Like any child, Chappie will come under the influence of his surroundings – some good, some bad – and he will rely on his heart and soul to find his way in the world […]
- Voxel8: The World’s First 3D Electronics Printer January 8, 2015Voxel8 has created the world’s first 3D electronics printer from the ground-up. Novel conductive materials and 3D printing technology from the Lewis Research Group at Harvard University. New software crafted for the Voxel8 printer called Project Wire by Autodesk. The Voxel8 printer truly allows you to combine electronics with novel mechanical forms. Visit voxel8.co for […]
- HP | The Machine: the Future of Computing December 11, 2014The world is facing a data explosion. Soon, we’re going to hit a technology inflection point where we can’t effectively store, process, and secure all the information coming at us. By 2020, 30 billion connected devices will generate unprecedented amounts of data. The infrastructure required to collect, process, store, and analyze this data requires transformational […]
- Deep Learning RNNaissance with Juergen Schmidhuber, PhD December 11, 2014Juergen Schmidhuber, PhD | Machine learning and pattern recognition are currently being revolutionised by “deep learning” (DL) Neural Networks (NNs). This is of commercial interest (for example, Google spent over 400m on start-up Deep Mind,co-founded by our student). I summarise work on DL since the 1960s, and our own work since 1991. Our recurrent NNs […]
- ** films ** Roco Films | Life 2.0 virtual world, new reality November 20, 2014Life 2.0 full film: Life 2.0 film trailer: Life 2.0 | This feature length documentary follows a group of people whose lives are dramatically transformed by a virtual world — reshaping relationships, identities, and ultimately the very notion of reality. Roco Films | Every day, across all corners of the globe, millions of users log […]