Check out these recommended books.
Permanent link to this article: http://www.retirementsingularity.com/resources/
Subscribe to Blog
Like Us On Facebook
- The Brain Tech to Merge Humans and AI Is Already Being Developed December 5, 2016Are you scared of artificial intelligence (AI)? Do you believe the warnings from folks like Prof. Stephen Hawking, Elon Musk and others? Is AI the greatest tool humanity will ever create, or are we “summoning the demon”? To quote the head of AI at Singularity University, Neil Jacobstein, “It’s not artificial intelligence I’m worried about, […]Peter Diamandis
- Evolution’s Brutally Simple Rules Can Make Machines More Creative December 4, 2016Despite nature’s bewildering complexity, the driving force behind it is incredibly simple. ‘Survival of the fittest’ is an uncomplicated but brutally effective optimization strategy that has allowed life to solve complex problems, like vision and flight, and colonize the harshest of environments. Researchers are now trying to harness this optimization process to find solutions to […]Edd Gent
- This Week’s Awesome Stories From Around the Web (Through December 3rd) December 3, 2016A biomedical engineer is building a brain implant to serve as a memory prosthesis. The UK's new Investigatory Powers Act may cause problems at Apple. And Google's AI songsmith is writing catchy tunes. Meanwhile, others question whether robots should have rights, and a father-son duo cuts open two Furbies to see what's inside. BRAIN: The Neuroscientist Who's Building […]Alison E. Berman
- New AI Mental Health Tools Beat Human Doctors at Assessing Patients December 2, 2016About 20 percent of youth in the United States live with a mental health condition, according to the National Institute of Mental Health. That’s the bad news. The good news is that mental health professionals have smarter tools than ever before, with artificial intelligence-related technology coming to the forefront to help diagnose patients, often with […]Peter Rejcek
- Is Radical Life Extension Good for Society? December 1, 2016From time to time, the Singularity Hub editorial team unearths a gem from the archives and wants to share it all over again. It's usually a piece that was popular back then and we think is still relevant now. This is one of those articles. It was originally published Febuary 14, 2016. We hope you enjoy […]Shelly Fan
- Science Vs. Cinema: ARRIVAL November 29, 2016We take a look at Denis Villeneuve’s latest film ARRIVAL, with one-on-one conversations with stars Amy Adams and Jeremy Renner, author Ted Chiang and screenwriter Eric Heisserer. To evaluate the science we talked to Mathematica creator Stephen Wolfram, SETI astronomer Seth Shostak, and linguist Jessica Coon. — Andy Howell, PhD, Science Vs. Cinema, Staff Scientist […]
- HUMANS Season 2: Waking Up November 18, 2016AMC. Premiering February 2017.
- book tour calendar | New graphic novel by Amy Kurzweil called Flying Couch October 21, 2016Dear Readers, My daughter Amy Kurzweil is a graphic novelist working as a teacher and writer, exploring human perspective and the idea of human identity. Here is the calendar for her current book tour for her new graphic novel called Flying Couch: A Graphic Memoir. The comics are hand drawn. You can see her and […]
- Dimensions: Cosmic Eye HD August 27, 2016Danail Obreschkow This movie was generated using the iOS App “Cosmic Eye“, written by Danail Obreschkow at the International Centre for Radio Astronomy Research at the University of Western Australia. This app draws inspiration from a progression of increasingly accurate graphical representations of the scales of our Universe, including the classical essay “Cosmic View” (1957), […]
- The Fermi Paradox — Where Are All The Aliens? (1/2) August 3, 2016The universe is unbelievably big — trillions of stars and even more planets. Soo… there just has to be life out there, right? But where is it? Why don’t we see any aliens? Where are they? And more importantly, what does this tell us about our own fate in this gigantic and scary universe? Videos, […]