Check out these recommended books.
Permanent link to this article: http://www.retirementsingularity.com/resources/
Subscribe to Blog
Check Out RS On Facebook!
- The Radical Implant That Enables Paralyzed Rats (and Maybe One Day Humans) to Walk Again January 29, 2015Scientists at the Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL) in Switzerland recently unveiled a flexible spinal implant called the electronic dura (or e-Dura) that they say may greatly improve spinal injury rehabilitation. In a... read morePeniel M. Dimberu
- Google Pledges $3 Million to Singularity University to Make Graduate Studies Program Free of Charge January 28, 2015Google, a long-time supporter of Singularity University (SU), has agreed to a two-year, $3 million contribution to SU's flagship Graduate Studies Program (GSP). Google will become the program's title sponsor and ensure... read moreSingularity Hub
- Tomorrow’s Technology Depends on Today’s Physics January 28, 2015Did you know that you already love physics? Consider the technology around you. Your computer’s microchips were built from transistors using quantum physics. GPS navigation? Sensitive to nanosecond calculations derived... read moreMark Jackson
- Drones Will Be Everywhere Watching, Listening, and…Planting Millions of Trees? January 27, 2015More and more people are getting to know drones, and not just the military kind. Drones were one of the hottest gifts over the holidays because they’re not only getting... read moreJason Dorrier
- Ray Kurzweil’s Mind-Boggling Predictions for the Next 25 Years January 26, 2015In my new book BOLD, one of the interviews that I’m most excited about is with my good friend Ray Kurzweil. Bill Gates calls Ray, “the best person I know... read morePeter Diamandis
- Sony Pictures | CHAPPIE — Hugh Jackman Sci-Fi Movie January 14, 2015Every child comes into the world full of promise, and none more so than Chappie: he is gifted, special, a prodigy. Like any child, Chappie will come under the influence of his surroundings – some good, some bad – and he will rely on his heart and soul to find his way in the world […]
- Voxel8: The World’s First 3D Electronics Printer January 8, 2015Voxel8 has created the world’s first 3D electronics printer from the ground-up. Novel conductive materials and 3D printing technology from the Lewis Research Group at Harvard University. New software crafted for the Voxel8 printer called Project Wire by Autodesk. The Voxel8 printer truly allows you to combine electronics with novel mechanical forms. Visit voxel8.co for […]
- HP | The Machine: the Future of Computing December 11, 2014The world is facing a data explosion. Soon, we’re going to hit a technology inflection point where we can’t effectively store, process, and secure all the information coming at us. By 2020, 30 billion connected devices will generate unprecedented amounts of data. The infrastructure required to collect, process, store, and analyze this data requires transformational […]
- Deep Learning RNNaissance with Juergen Schmidhuber, PhD December 11, 2014Juergen Schmidhuber, PhD | Machine learning and pattern recognition are currently being revolutionised by “deep learning” (DL) Neural Networks (NNs). This is of commercial interest (for example, Google spent over 400m on start-up Deep Mind,co-founded by our student). I summarise work on DL since the 1960s, and our own work since 1991. Our recurrent NNs […]
- ** films ** Roco Films | Life 2.0 virtual world, new reality November 20, 2014Life 2.0 full film: Life 2.0 film trailer: Life 2.0 | This feature length documentary follows a group of people whose lives are dramatically transformed by a virtual world — reshaping relationships, identities, and ultimately the very notion of reality. Roco Films | Every day, across all corners of the globe, millions of users log […]