Check out these recommended books.
Permanent link to this article: http://www.retirementsingularity.com/resources/
Subscribe to Blog
Check Out RS On Facebook!
- What We’re Reading This Week August 22, 2014It’s Friday and that means it’s time to share stories and tech that we’ve been reading, thinking about, and passing round within the Singularity Hub team this week: Omote: Real-time Face Tracking and Projection Mapping | Vimeo “Project Omote is a collaboration between Japanese projection mapping specialist Nobumichi Asai, makeup artist Hiroto Kuwahara and FrDavid J. Hill
- Your Legacy: Getting Off This Rock August 21, 2014We just celebrated the 45th anniversary of the Apollo 11 Moon landing. The fact that we went to the Moon with 1960s technology is extraordinary. The fact that we never went back is shameful. Should we send another mission to the Moon? Absolutely. But it should be a private effort […]Peter Diamandis
- Skully Motorcycle Helmet Not Quite Iron Man, But a Taste of Our Augmented Reality Future August 20, 2014If Tony Stark designed a motorcycle helmet, it might look a little like Skully. Sleek black (or white) with an aerodynamic fin. A visor that changes tint at the touch of a finger. A rear 180-degree camera surveying the road behind and beside the rider and streaming the video through […]Jason Dorrier
- 3D Scanner Digitally Immortalizes Invaluable Masterpieces in Five Minutes Flat August 19, 2014Last year, the Smithsonian opened a virtual museum. With Smithsonian X 3D Explorer users can take a virtual tour of (and even 3D print) high-definition digital models of artifacts like Lincoln’s life mask or the Wright Brother’s plane. It’s a brilliant concept. Once digital, artifacts can be easily accessed and explored […]Jason Dorrier
- Thousand-Robot Swarm Hints at Future Car, Drone, Even Nanobot Collectives August 18, 2014When you think nanorobot, you don’t think just one. Or ten. You think millions or billions. Huge swarms of nanobots may work in concert with each other to accomplish tasks on tiny scales, perhaps in the human body, or more radically, to form larger robots, each nanobot functioning like a mechanical cell […]Arlington Hewes
- Amazon | Demo of new Zocalo cloud service August 1, 2014Amazon | Zocalo is a fully managed, secure enterprise storage and sharing service with strong administrative controls and feedback capabilities that improve user productivity. related reading: Amazon | Amazon Web Services: main Amazon | Amazon Web Services: Zocalo Amazon | Youtube channel: main Amazon | Youtube channel: Amazon Web Services related viewing fr
- NBC | Unprecendented Ebola virus outbreak July 16, 2014NBC | Centers for Disease Control and Prevention issues highest level travel warning as Ebola spreads. related reading: NBC | Ebola outbreak Centers for Disease Control and Prevention | main Centers for Disease Control and Prevention | Ebola related viewing: CNN | CNN’s Christiane Amanpour speaks with Peter Piot, MD, PhD about an out of […]
- ** NEW VIDEO ** Comedy Central The Colbert Report | segments on robots, science and human progress June 16, 2014Hilarious collection of segments on robots, genetics, physics and the future from Comedy Central’s The Colbert Report, updated regularly. Comedy Central The Colbert Report | The enemy within: Bina the activist android. Sirius Satellite Radio founder Martine Rothblatt invents a black lesbian robot with a radical agenda. Aired June 10, 2014. Comedy Central The
- ** short films collection ** Patrick Kalyn | Mech: Human Trials June 13, 2014Patrick Kalyn | Mech: Human Trials short film. After a serious accident, a man is introduced to a designer street drug promising to restore his ravaged body. Desperate to mend himself, he becomes consumed by the drug, only to discover it is threatening his humanity. The film is a take on the emergence of nantotechnology […]
- ** short films collection ** Triton Films | Somnolence June 13, 2014Triton Films | By 2031, Earth has exhausted its supply of fossil fuels. With the world on the verge of collapse, nations from around the globe form a coalition called AREN: the Manhattan Project of clean, self-replenishing energy. When an experiment goes wrong that threatens the world’s existence, David Canterra and a team of elite […]