What is Retirement Singularity?
Here’s the deal:
- Advances in technology and medical sciences will create massive changes in our culture. The Singularity is when the speed of change switches into ‘warp drive’. (you ain’t seen nothin’ yet)
- Average lifespans will go over 100 years – and eventually much longer.
- These changes are unfolding in an accelerating, exponential manner. We humans have a built-in tendency to think and plan linearly. These changes are HARD TO SEE coming.
- Current Retirement Planning is an example of linear thinking. We need to rethink this area big-time.
- Learn to surf the waves of change instead of getting swamped!
- Would you like to receive updates by email? Sign up to get email notification of new Posts!
Author: Michael Nuschke, Retirement Futurist
I’ve been in the financial advice business for over 30 years. After graduating from McGill University in Montreal, I gathered various letters such as CFP, RFP, CIM, FCSI. My career took me from stock broker, to “fee-only” financial planner to financial planning advisor.
I specialize in retirement income planning – how to ensure you don’t run out of money before you run out of life. This gets tricky if you live well past age 100 in good health! As a Retirement Futurist, I am here to help you understand what your future will be like and make the best of it both financially and lifestyle wise.
For over 30 years, I have also have trained in martial arts (Aikido – 3rd dan) and buddhist meditation (certified meditation instructor). This training has helped me understand why people have a hard time thinking clearly about the approaching dramatic changes in science, longevity, sometimes called “the Singularity”.
I’ve had a passion in following the advances of science since my college years studying experimental psychology (poor rats!). I am happy to share this passion and hope you will find some useful information and insights to help you in your life!